I have curly, extremely thick, dry hair, so when I saw there was a dandruff shampoo that could address these issues, I was game to give it a try. Here is my review of the Maple Holistics Tea Tree Oil Shampoo:
The main ingredients in this formula include Tea tree, rosemary and lavender.
Here is the full ingredient list:
Aqua, Jojoba Oil, Botanical Keratin, Argan Oil, Tea Tree Oil, Lavender Oil, Rosemary Oil.
Showering Tips (came on a card in the box):
- Use warm water throughout the duration of the shower. Finish off with a blast of cold water to seal the cuticle.
- Massage the scalp for one minute after shampooing to reduce scalp irritation and boost relaxation. Use small, circular motions throughout.
- Do not blow dry immediately after stepping out of the shower. Soak up excess water, but leave a coat of moisture, and allow to air dry for five to ten minutes.
- Stops Itch Fast- When I was younger I had severe dandruff and was only allowed to use the putrid smelling T-Gel. The Tea Tree Oil Shampoo instantly stopped my itching scalp and really moisturized, while not weighing down my hair.
- Great Scent- As I mentioned previously, this is a WAY better scent alternative to T-Gel. The scent reminds me of the Paul Mitchell Tea Tree shampoo. It’s a nice smell that’s not too strong or overpowering as I’m very sensitive to scent.
- Nice Packaging- I love the clear packaging, so I know how much product is left in the bottle. It drives me crazy how some companies leave me guessing (Living Proof I’m talking to you) how much is in the bottle. The squirt cap mechanism worked fine without any problems.
- Styling Friendly- After using this shampoo, I styled my hair both straight and curly. It really gave my curls life and made it easy to get my hair straight. My mom commented that my hair looked very shiny and healthy, which is always a nice bonus.
Overall, I was extremely impressed with this shampoo and Maple Holistics just got themselves a new customer. I honestly racked my brain for cons and just couldn’t think of any. It’s a great reasonably priced organic product for hair issues, other than dryness/dandruff. Since, no two people have the same hair, I would suggest trying their sample program (for more information, click here) to make sure the product works for you before purchasing. I’m pretty shocked such an affordable company would offer a sample program, but good for them!
*Disclaimer- I was sent the product for review. All thoughts are my honest opinions after several uses.0